Saturday 16 February 2013

So I skipped the first week, big deal




Week One.
Decisions appear in life every single day. To get out of bed, what to wear, how to behaviour, who to interact with, what lesson to teach, what students to assist, which students to punish discipline, what to eat, how we are going to engage students. Whether we realise it or not these decisions shape the person and teacher which we are.

Reflecting on Week One means I have to own the fact that I did not attend the first week of SCP, this was a decision, baised on my lease ending on the Saturday of week one and the huge effort which cleaning up after three boys is. While I know that I placed my education in second string, this was an informed and highly considered option. Without the sacrifise of my time and energy the impact may easly have cost me my bond money or worse my housemates respect and friendship.

So while I regret every impact which real life has on my learning experiance, real life IS learning. BOOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment